Paul,

To put the issue correctly, I need to access user credentials in my servlet while using Container managed authentication say FORM login. This is required because, I need them for some loging/establishing DB connections etc. Ofcourse, If we use programatic authentication, it can't be done easily.

In my first mail, I was trying to use a filter for j_security_check so that, I can hook some code there to perform the tasks. However, I was not able to do so.

I will try your option.

Thx
Phani