geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions during deployment of testsupport EARs
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 14:58:32 GMT

> On Feb 14, 2007, at 8:01 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Here's the test jar-
> http://people.apache.org/~prasad/test-ear-j2ee_1.4-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
>
> Source:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/testsupport/test-deployment-j2ee_1.4/
>
> Ok, there's definitely something stuck somewhere in Geronimo-land now --
> possibly caused by a failed ejb something-or-other.  (very specific, huh :)
>
> Hey David J., do you have any ideas off the top of your head on under what
> circumstances we might consider an ear (not sure how to phrase) still
> deployed or unsuccessfully undeployed?
>
> I've run into this problem more times than I can count, but haven't
> investigated.  All I know is that if you manually delete the directory from
> the g. repo you can then deploy.  So I wonder we could do one of 2 things:
>
> 1. try harder to delete the directory on undeploy, maybe with more finally
> blocks
> 2. look harder to see if something's there on deploy, such as the config.ser
> file.  If missing, it seems like we could rm the dir and deploy anyway.

In this case, the files left behind in the
repository\org\apache\geronimo\testsupport\test-ear-j2ee_1.4\2.0-SNAPSHOT\test-ear-j2ee_1.4-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
directory are

ejb.jar  <--- this file is bundled in the ear
ejb-cmp2.jar  <-- this file gets generated by the conversion tool, I think

There is such a big lock on these 2 files that the server has to be
stopped before they can be deleted.

Cheers
Prasad