geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions during deployment of testsupport EARs
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:45:54 GMT

> On Feb 12, 2007, at 7:29 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>
> > Jenck's patch seeems to have fixed the persistence bugs. However these
> > are the new exceptions seen when the same 2 test ears are deployed.
> >
> > Background Context:
> > -------------------------------
> > The deployment-testsuite/test-deployments deploys the following 2 ears
> > in succession, hits the context-root URL in a browser and then
> > undeploys it again.
> >
> > org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.3/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
> > org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
> >
> > This used to work fine until recently.
>
> So for problem #1 I checked in a fix which should at least not result
> in a null pointer exception.  We'll see what it throws next :)
>
> For #2 that'll take some debugging, but I think I may have an idea of
> how to fix.
>
> Quick question, how do I run the deployment-testsuite/test-deployments ?

The easiest way is to edit the geronimo/testsuite/pom.xml and comment
out all other child modules. Just leave the deployment-testsuite in
place. Then run 'mvn".

But for you to recreate and test this, just use the CLI deploy tool to
deploy your copy of
trunk\testsupport\test-deployment-j2ee_1.4\test-ear-j2ee_1.4\target\test-ear-j2ee_1.4-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
to a standalone running server.

> -David

Cheers
Prasad