geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions during deployment of testsupport EARs
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 03:29:04 GMT
Jenck's patch seeems to have fixed the persistence bugs. However these
are the new exceptions seen when the same 2 test ears are deployed.

Background Context:
-------------------------------
The deployment-testsuite/test-deployments deploys the following 2 ears
in succession, hits the context-root URL in a browser and then
undeploys it again.

org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.3/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear

This used to work fine until recently.

Problem #1: Starting an app with EJBs
    Error: Operation failed: start of
    org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
    failed
    	Unknown start exception

    	Configuration
org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
    failed to start due to the following reasons:
      The service
EJBModule=ejb.jar,J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear,j2eeType=StatefulSessionBean,name=SimpleStatefulSession
    did not start because
org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear?J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=ejb.jar
    did not start.
      The service
J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=ejb.jar
    did not start because the doStart method threw an exception.

    org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Error building bean
    'SimpleCMPEntity'.  Exception: class java.lang.NullPointerException:
    null: null

    	at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EjbJarBuilder.build(EjbJarBuilder.java:61)
   	at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:379)
    	at org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createEjbJar(Assembler.java:303)
    	at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenEjbSystemGBean.createEjbJar(OpenEjbSystemGBean.java:184)

Full stack traces here -
http://rifers.org/paste/show/3524
http://rifers.org/paste/show/3525

Problem # 2: Undeploy
The apps distribute but fail to start. Undeploying them leaves behind
ejb.jar and ejb-cmp2.jar which are locked by the running server. The
server has to be stopped, these files deleted and only then can the
app be re-installed again.

Cheers
Prasad