geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: DayTrader and Geronimo v2.0 documentation
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:09:09 GMT

On Feb 21, 2007, at 5:28 PM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> All...
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting to this... Anyway, I put together
> something to start with on the wiki ( http://cwiki.apache.org/
> GMOxDOC20/daytrader.html). I'm not exactly convinced this is the
> best place for it since we are tying it to a geronimo version. I
> guess I'm left wondering what we should do with this...
>
> http://geronimo.apache.org/daytrader.html

I'd be happy to deep six it...the CWiki looks much better and is
easier to maintain.  I think we should update any links for DT to the
Cwiki.

> So, I guess in general, what do we want out of the DayTrader doc?
> I've tried to start off with a high-level approach and start to
> drill down. Most of what I have written thus far is actually based
> on DayTrader 1.2... 2.0 will add JPA and eventually EJB3. I guess
> some of the additional areas that need to be covered could be...
>
> - how to build
> - how to deploy
> - how to create the database

I'd like to add in some performance specific information like queries
created, performance results, etc. but this would be more Geronimo
specific and I wouldn't think we'd be hosting content of other
AppServers here; or maybe we would if we didn't violate some
intergalactic law.

Workload breakdown like how many JMS messages are created for which
trans...perhaps a break down of the transactions...mostly for
performance folks.