geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions during deployment of testsupport EARs
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:33:10 GMT

On Feb 14, 2007, at 8:01 PM, David Blevins wrote:

>> <snip>

>> Here's the test jar-
>> http://people.apache.org/~prasad/test-ear-j2ee_1.4-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
>>
>> Source:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/testsupport/
>> test-deployment-j2ee_1.4/
>
> Ok, there's definitely something stuck somewhere in Geronimo-land
> now -- possibly caused by a failed ejb something-or-other.  (very
> specific, huh :)
>
> Hey David J., do you have any ideas off the top of your head on
> under what circumstances we might consider an ear (not sure how to
> phrase) still deployed or unsuccessfully undeployed?

I've run into this problem more times than I can count, but haven't
investigated.  All I know is that if you manually delete the
directory from the g. repo you can then deploy.  So I wonder we could
do one of 2 things:

1. try harder to delete the directory on undeploy, maybe with more
finally blocks
2. look harder to see if something's there on deploy, such as the
config.ser file.  If missing, it seems like we could rm the dir and
deploy anyway.

But I haven't investigated thoroughly

Would be great to get this fixed.

thanks