geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Geronimo web site update
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:33:47 GMT
On Feb 15, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Folks,
> after lots of separated discussions on different threads it is
> clear the spirit for moving the authoring of our web site over
> Confluence. Let's bring to this thread all the ideas and discussion.
>
> Proposal:
> The idea is to use Confluence as the authoring tool for Geronimo's
> web site. To achieve this we will use the autoexport plugin already
> installed and in use on the cwiki.apache.org.
> With the autoexport plugin we can customize the generated HTML look
> and feel by using templates. The current POC can be viewed at
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE (thx Jason D.)
>
> Some suggestions (mine ;-)  )
>
> - Avoid JIRA references/direct imports, if JIRA is down or running
> slow it will affect the main web site.

Eh... maybe... though JIRA should not be down or slow.  These are
also static pages, which only pull images off of the JIRA webapp, but
we could remove the icon from the rendering.  I personally think its
useful to show some JIRA activity on some page on the website.  Shows
that we are still moving even if the website content isn't.

> - Remove edit/print/export links from the generated site. Only
> Geronimo committers will have edit access

Fine w/me.

> - Update the template L&F. Why not? It is a good opportunity to do
> it !!!

Ya, probably some changes to be made... I like the Cayenne site a
lot... clean, simple... nice popup menus.

> - Need to define how to integrate the other subprojects web sites
> (consider confluence spaces too).

Aye, we need a basic theme that works for the main site,
documentation sites and sub-project sites.

> - pls chime in!!!
>
> I volunteer to start updating the content (matching with what we
> already have on the live site), unless somebody else wants to go it!
> I will also look at some alternative templates.

I really would like to see this happen... so I can lend a hand.

--jason