geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: dependency madness
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 00:16:53 GMT

On Feb 16, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having some dependency issues. Here's the deal:
>
> My cxf-deployer/car has a dependency on cxf/car and
> openejb-deployer/car (openejb-deployer/car also pulls in openejb/car).
>
> In cxf-deployer plan.xml I deploy a EJBWebServiceGBean. That GBean
> lives in cxf/jar and has a following reference:
>
> infoFactory.addReference("EjbDeployment", EjbDeployment.class);
>
> During cxf-deployer/car install I get the following exception:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/geronimo/openejb/
> EjbDeployment
>        at org.apache.geronimo.cxf.ejb.EJBWebServiceGBean.<clinit>
> (EJBWebService
> GBean.java:102)
>
> I can fix that error by adding openejb/car dependency to cxf/car but I
> do not want to do that because for POJO web services I do not need the
> ejb dependency.
>
> Is there an easy way to fix that or some work-around? Or do I have to
> create separate configs for ejb with cxf combination?

I think your options are:

1. reverse the dependency, and have some geronimo-openejb jar/car
depend on  geronimo-cxf jar/car
2. make EjbDeployment implement an interface that everyone is
comfortable having available to the web-only server, e.g. in
webservices jar, and use that in the reference
3. split cxf jar into two pieces, one for pojos + common, the other
with the ejb related bits in it.

Sorry for the delay, I thought I sent this yesterday.

david jencks