geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Persistence deployer bugs?
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:34:24 GMT
I'm confused by the way persistence units are being handled.  First
it seem that I must declare my persistence units in the geronimo-
*.xml files and that persistence.xml files in the class path are not
discovered.  Is that true, and if so is anyone working on
implementing this?

Second, it doesn't appear the the persistence unit gbean names are
not very unique.  Specifically, I'm seeing names like
"geronimo:J2EEServer=geronimo,name=cmp, j2eeType=GBean".  This means
that you can only have one persistence unit in the entire server with
a specific name.  I believe that persistence units are supposed to be
application scoped.  This specific bug will prevent two ejb modules
that use CMP to be running in the server at the same time. Again,
anyone aware of this, and is there anyone working on it.

View raw message