geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JSR 77 - JDBCResource
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:49:48 GMT

On Feb 8, 2007, at 8:41 AM, Christopher M. Cardona wrote:

> Anybody know where JSR 77 JDBCResource is being implemented in
> Geronimo? Here is the spec description:
>
> The JDBCResource model identifies a JDBC resource. A JDBC resource
> manages one or more JDBC data sources. For each JDBC resource
> provided on a server, there must be one JDBCResource OBJECT_NAME in
> the servers resources list that
> identifies it.

We kind of ignore this because we wrap all jdbc datasources with jca
wrappers so we only have the jca objects to deal with.  I guess we
could try to figure out if a ConnectionFactory is a DataSource and if
so use JDBCResource for the module type instead of JCAResource (IIRC).

Would doing this provide value for our users?

thanks
david jencks