geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Daytrader newbie
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:15:00 GMT

On Feb 15, 2007, at 7:44 AM, Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:

> I am using java -jar server.jar. Does it really affects?

yes.

If the application uses PortableRemoteObject.narrow rather than casts
you MUST start geronimo specifying the endorsed dirs

java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed -jar bin/server.jar --long

(well, the --long isn't necessary but does give more info if
something goes wrong during startup)

thanks
david jencks

> Lasantha
>
>> What command are you using to start the server? startup.sh|bat? or
>> are you
>> starting it some other way?
>>
>> On 2/15/07, Lasantha Ranaweera <lasantha@opensource.lk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the information but still it is getting failed for me.
>>>
>>> Following are the steps I have followed & the current situation.
>>> May be
>>> you might have some more insight on it than me.
>>>
>>> 1.  Get the latest source code from DT trunk (revision 507843).
>>> 2.  Build the source code using mvn clean install.
>>> 3.  Start the G 1.2 beta server.
>>> 4.  Create the derby database using createDB.sh. (I have given it
>>> in the
>>> DAYTRADER-35 patch & would be greately appriciated if someone can
>>> review
>>> it too)
>>> 5.  Deploy the daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear &
>>> dtTrunk_geronimo12-beta-plan.xml using G console.