geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Deployment Plan-openejb.jar
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:27:35 GMT

On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:57 PM, Kanchana Welagedara wrote:

> Hi Dan
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.We are hoping to complete the docs for
> G1.2
> and  then start working on G2.0.Basically the document migration will
> happen based on the content and the structure of v1.1 with needful
> enhancements.So by the time of end of completing the G1.2 hope
> deployment plans for G2.0 will be fixed.
> Obviously the affects of Geronimo implementation of openejb-3 we might
> have to come up with new sample applications and more contents.I'm in
> process trying out those.So that's the plan.

I'm not sure I know how to read that response, so I'll just
reiterate.  What Dain means to say is please do not guide users to
use the v3 plan at all for the near term.

We do have and will maintain a converter for the v2 plans over the
long term, but as the v3 plan changes (there are several things on
that list) there will be no old v3 to new v3 converter.  So users who
stick with the v2 plan will be able to ride out the changes.  And so
far there are no "extra" things available in the v3 plan that would
make for a good argument for choosing that over the v2 plan -- the
opposite actually.   There are several parts of the v2 plans which
are not yet "hooked up" and will be over the near term.

Hope that helps your planning!

Thanks,

-David