geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Geronimo web site update
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 01:13:20 GMT
FYI... I tried a simple rsync today to see how well the copied
content functions... and well it looks good:

Seems to root everything properly, nav is happy, etc...

So... once the content is up to snuff, and we agree this is the right
direction, then it should be fairly easy to make this live on

Only question is... who's account on people will perform the rsync?
And at what time/freq should that be done.  I hope we can figure out
an optimal time to perform this so that the lag from change to live
is minimized.

And... I guess another question is do we want to toss the output in
SVN at all?  Or just have a simple rsync, which will lay files ontop
of the SVN-base (we still need some stuff from SVN, like style,
images, plugin repo bits and some others).

On Feb 21, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Hey Jason, have you tried to install the autoexport plugin in
> Confluence 2.3.3? for the record, I can't get it to work
> Cheers!
> Hernan
> Jason Dillon wrote:
>> I may have an updated template on my local system... will try and
>> find it.
>> I'm really tempted to hack the AutoExport plugin to pull templates
>> from URL's, so we can configure it to use a URL from SVN for the
>> template... and probably can even get includes working to allow
>> splitting up the template into more manageable bits.
>> But... last I looked at the AE plugin it started to melt my
>> brain... so who knows.
>> --jason
>> On Feb 20, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>> I updated a bunch of pages in GMOxSITE and there are still a lot
>>> more to update
>>> For now I'm trying to figure out the best way for using the *News*
>>> I'll take a look at the template later on, unless somebody else
>>> wants to jump in ;-)
>>> Just in case you don't know this is the URL -> http://
>>> Cheers!
>>> Hernan