geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r504108 - in /geronimo/server/trunk: applications/console/geronimo-console-core/ applications/console/geronimo-console-ear/ applications/console/geronimo-console-framework/ applications/console/geronimo-console-standard/ applications/
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 03:01:09 GMT
Eh, probably not... though in general I don't really like using
svn:ignore, but prefer using global-ignores in ~/.subversion/config.
I usually have:

     global-ignores = *.log *.save *.o *.lo *.la #*# .*~
*~ .#* .DS_Store build dist target *.ipr *.iml
*.iws .project .classpath .settings

Which ignores the stuff I want to ignore.  Sometimes svn:ignore
brings in stuff I'd rather not ignore.

Anyways, thats just a personal preference.  I was just curious why
bin was in there.  I don't think that it should be in there, but for
these modules, there will probably never be a 'bin' dir (or file) so
it does not really matter.

--jason