geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:32:22 GMT

On Feb 11, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 11:33 -0800, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I have ported the OpenEJB 2 CORBA code and updated it to the OpenEJB
>> 3 APIs.  The code is contained in three new modules geronimo-corba,
>> geronimo-corba-builder and geronimo-yoko.
>
> Not being a CORBA nor Geronimo expert this may be a really dumb
> question .. but I'll ask anyway :). Is the OpenEJB CORBA code an
> alternative to Yoko? I thought Yoko also implemented IIOP etc..

The openejb (now geronimo) corba code adapts yoko (or, with work,
other orbs) to work with geronimo.  The main areas of adaptation are
ssl sockets, connecting the csiv2 stuff up to geronimo (or jaas)
security, and hooking the transaction stuff up (which currently
involves saying "it's not hooked up").

thanks
david jencks