geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions during deployment of testsupport EARs
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:01:07 GMT

On Feb 14, 2007, at 7:36 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> On 2/14/07, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 14, 2007, at 7:10 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>> > Undeploy still leaves behind some jar files. This prevents another
>> > deploy. This is from a build which was done at 6 pm EST on a
>> totally
>> > clean local repo.
>> >

>> Ok.
>>
>> Is there a stacktrace or error of some kind on the undeploy and the
>> subsequent failed deploy?
>
> No. That's the sad part. This is the log output on the undeploy
> 22:02:46,713 INFO  [DirectoryMonitor] Hot deployer notified that an
> artifact was removed:
> org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
>
> Quite normal. Then this is the output on the next deploy
>
>    Error: Unable to distribute test-ear-j2ee_1.4-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear:
>
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationAlreadyExistsException:
>    Configuration already exists:
>    org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
>
>        Configuration already exists:
>    org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear
>
> Here's the test jar-
> http://people.apache.org/~prasad/test-ear-j2ee_1.4-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear
>
> Source:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/server/trunk/testsupport/test-
> deployment-j2ee_1.4/

Ok, there's definitely something stuck somewhere in Geronimo-land now
-- possibly caused by a failed ejb something-or-other.  (very
specific, huh :)

Hey David J., do you have any ideas off the top of your head on under
what circumstances we might consider an ear (not sure how to phrase)
still deployed or unsuccessfully undeployed?

-David