geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: GERONIMO-2816 patch
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 22:27:17 GMT
Are you sure you must scan all classes in the web module for @EJB
annotations?  I don't think it is necessary or what you want to do.
I believe that you should only be checking specific classes for the
annotation such as all known servlets.  This is how we process
annotations for EJBs.  First we find all EJBs, either listed in the
ejb-jar.xml or found by scanning for @Stateless, @Stateful and
@MessageDriven.  Once we have the list of EJBs we check each class
for the presence of the @EJB annotation.

In your case, I believe you are scanning for all classes that have
the @EJB annotation which will be a much larger number of classes
then just the servlets.  This over processing of classes can easily
lead to naming conflicts.  Also, I do not believe that servlet 2.5
has an @Servlet annotation, so I don't think you have to do any
general purpose scanning like EJB module must do, which should make
web deployment much more efficient.

Other than that, the patches look good :)  One minor thing to note is
we don't use prefixes such as "m_" for variables.

Good job,

-dain