geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Jetty for Geronimo with annotations?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:51:12 GMT

On Feb 23, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> I think enough support is already in released versions of jetty
>> for our purposes, the main thing I'm aware of that's left is
>> hooking up the injection stuff we fish out using tim's new code to
>> the jetty injection processor.
>
> That may be.  What was making me wonder was seeing items like this:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Annotations
> making references to a Jetty 6.1.2beta with additional annotation
> support.   It's not clear to me if it is required that the
> annotations are support for the resource injection and callbacks in
> order to be spec compliant  ... so, I thought I should ask.

We require support for that, but I think that since we've taken over
pretty much all the deployment stuff from jetty, we have to figure
out what needs to be injected and feed that into jetty's injection
system.  I believe the injection system itself is already released.
It might be in a jetty plus jar.  I was thinking of taking a look at
this shortly.... were you also?

thanks
david jencks