geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: request.getContextPath() in RequestAdapter class in JettyEJBWebServiceContext.java
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 07:36:08 GMT

On Feb 28, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed some behavior difference between
> JettyEJBWebServiceContext and TomcatEJBWebServiceContext.  Both of
> them have an inner class RequestAdapter that implements
> WebServiceContainer.Request and provides this method getContextPath().
>
> In our Axis2 integration code, we call request.getContextPath() and
> it returns null from JettyEJBWebServiceContext and /JAXWS-EJB-2.0-
> snapshot/JAXWSBEAN from TomcatEJBWebServiceContext when running the
> jaxws-ejb test case.  To me, the tomcat behavior is right. If
> someone could shed some light on making the jetty behavior to be
> correct, I'd appreciate that.

Huh, I don't recall that method being in the
WebServiceContainer.Request interface for 1.4 webservices.  I
remember wanting to keep it to a minimum and only adding what could
be supported by by both Jetty, Tomcat (which is just
HttpServletRequest), and at the time OpenEJB's light http
implementation.  Unfortunately, I don't recall too many of those
details.

Seems like this was added recently by Dims, which is fine.  Dims did
you test this out in Jetty?  Or was this more a "cross your fingers"
kind of add :) (which is also fine).

In any case, I seem to recall getURI being used in leu of adding a
getContextPath to do things like set the location of webservice
bindings, etc., but I'm not certain if that'll do the trick for
whatever you may need getContextPath for.

-David