geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Synergy
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 01:07:58 GMT
For those that don't know about it...

If you have more than one computer on your desk, and would like to
use one keyboard/mouse for them all w/o a KVM switch, you can use
Synergy:

     http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

And there is a nice control panel thingy for mac osx:

     http://software.landryhetu.com/synergy/

  * * *

As much as I hate using it, I had to setup my windows laptop (cause
parallels would constantly freakout and fail to start my vm).  But
its not so bad using Synergy, as my evil windows laptop just acts
like another display, just can't drag windows over to it, but copy-
paste for text stuff works fine.

Works great for mac osx, linux and windows.

I'll never have to try and type on that evil thinkpad keyboard
again ;-)  Anyways, its really great to effectively utilize machines
with displays you work with.

--jason