geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Geronimo web site update
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:45:01 GMT
On Feb 15, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> Hernan,  The geronimo web site currently serves up the plugin catalogs
> at http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins.  Will migrating the web site to
> confluence affect our ability to host the plugin catalogs at that
> location?

Nope.  We can still manage this the way we do now.

> See this thread for background discussion on how this location came
> about:
> http://tinyurl.com/2yewg7
>
> Also, the geronimo.apache.org site currently provides a redirect
> service for certain URLs present in the welcome app and the admin
> console.  See site/trunk/docs/redirects/.htaccess.  Will moving the
> site to confluence affect our ability to service these redirects?

Nope.  From the httpd's perspective its exactly the same.  The
difference is that the content will come from a rsync off of another
directory on people, which we can of course tailor to make sure that
bits we still want to keep in svn don't get clobbered.

> In general I'm wondering how moving the site to confluence will affect
> our ability to serve up non-wiki resources from geronimo.apache.org.

Should have no impact.

--jason