geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 02:07:40 GMT

On Feb 28, 2007, at 3:29 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:

>>> The only piece of information required is the name of a TSSBean,
>>> assuming all of the same bits of information are still
>>> extractable from the either the plan or other sources.  The
>>> current usage is
>>>
>>> <tss-link>tss-bean-name<tss-link>
>>>
>>> I'm not really sure what I'd pick for an attribute name, so
>>> keeping the same syntax is probably easiest.
>>> The two other pieces of information required to complete the
>>> linkage are the EBJ name and the JNDI name(s) this EJB is
>>> registered under.  The JNDI names are using to export the EJB to
>>> the CORBA naming service.   I assume these same bits of
>>> information are still relevant/available in openejb3.
>>
>> Couple more questions.  Does every ejb in corba need a tss-link
>> and or tssbean?
> Every ejb that's exported via corba will need a tss-link.
>> Will some ejbs share the same tssbean (i.e. be linked to the same
>> tss bean)?
> Sharing is quite common.  The tssbean the ejbs link to determine
> the characteristics of the transport and security profile used for
> access.
>> If sharing is there, how common is it to have a second tss bean
>> (and subsequent links).
> I think this is fairly common to have more than one tssbean if
> there are multiple security profiles defined.  Any given EJB,
> however, is only linked to one tssbean at a time.
>
>> And finally, where is the tssbean itself configured?
> I'm not totally certain I understand the context of this question.
> The tssbeans are typically defined in a parent configuration play
> for the deployed app.   A tssbean is attached to a corbabean
> instance.  The corbabean manages the ORB instance the tssbean is
> defined for (defining, for example, the transport-level security
> characteristics....i.e., does it use SSL).  The TSSBean, when it's
> started, creates the POAs on the hosting orb that will be used to
> activate the EJBs.  The tsslink GBeans handle making the
> connections between the exported GBeans and the location used for
> the export.  So far, I don't believe that there have been any
> chances at all required for either corbabean or tssbean for openejb3.

Ok, so I plumbed this in for you;

<tss-link>
   <ejb-name></ejb-name>
   <tss-name></tss-name>
   <jndi-name></jndi-name>
   <jndi-name></jndi-name>
   <jndi-name></jndi-name>
</tss-link>

It's all in the geronimo-openejb.xsd and data from v2 plans is
getting converted over and now available as an array directly off the
EjbModule.getVendorDD() object.

Let me know if you run into an issue.  There's usually something the
first go around.

-David