geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:00:56 GMT

On Feb 27, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 27, 2007, at 5:55 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>>> I'm about 99.9999% certain that tss was a very old element type
>>> that was never deleted from the schema.  The only one I'm aware
>>> is still getting used is the tss-link, so that should be the only
>>> thing that needs to be added.  The tss-link element is used to
>>> hook an ejb instance to the appropriate POA to export this as a
>>> CORBA object.  My experience with schema is pretty limited (i.e.,
>>> approaching zero), so any assistance in that phase would be
>>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Ok. How about something like:
>>
>>   <tss-link ejb-name="" poa-name=""/>
> The only piece of information required is the name of a TSSBean,
> assuming all of the same bits of information are still extractable
> from the either the plan or other sources.  The current usage is
>
> <tss-link>tss-bean-name<tss-link>
>
> I'm not really sure what I'd pick for an attribute name, so keeping
> the same syntax is probably easiest.
> The two other pieces of information required to complete the
> linkage are the EBJ name and the JNDI name(s) this EJB is
> registered under.  The JNDI names are using to export the EJB to
> the CORBA naming service.   I assume these same bits of information
> are still relevant/available in openejb3.

Couple more questions.  Does every ejb in corba need a tss-link and
or tssbean?  Will some ejbs share the same tssbean (i.e. be linked to
the same tss bean)?  If sharing is there, how common is it to have a
second tss bean (and subsequent links).  And finally, where is the
tssbean itself configured?

-David