geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1.1: where is the source of bundled ActiveMQ 3.2.4??
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:08:18 GMT

On Feb 21, 2007, at 7:58 PM, Uli Romahn wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> as part of my application, I want to use some modified features
> from ActiveMQ. However, I will have to add a few libraries to the
> Geronimo repository beyond the already bundled ActiveMQ jars.
>
> Currently Geronimo 1.1.1 has ActiveMQ 3.2.4 bundled in. However,
> this version does not seem to exist!
>
> I have access to the legacy SVN for Active MQ, but the latest
> "official" release of ActiveMQ seems 3.2.3 after which they jumped
> directly to 4.
>
> So, how did the Geronimo team manage to get ActiveMQ 3.2.4?

Hi Uli,
Our builds would have obtained the ActiveMQ binaries from a Maven
repository (e.g. http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/activemq/activemq-core/
3.2.4/activemq-core-3.2.4.jar). We're not dependent on source. We
expect dependent projects to maintain source for their releases...
Definitely disconcerting to see sources disappear...

> I could also use the extended libraries from 3.2.3 but I can't
> verify if that would be compatible since I don't have access to the
> ActiveMQ source code used for Geronimo.
>
> So, either someone gives me access to the source of this
> "miraculous" version 3.2.4 of ActiveMQ bundled with Geronimo 1.1.1
> or I get some instructions on how to re-bundle another version with
> Geronimo 1.1.1, if that is possible at all.

I have the AMQ 3.2.4 source on my hard-drive, which I could make
available to you, but it's no better (actually less so) than what
seems to have already been offered to you previously -- http://
www.nabble.com/HELP---Need-Access-to-3.2.4-Source!-t3164233s2354.html

Was there a problem with these sources?

--kevan