geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse Tooling for Geronimo 2.0
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:13:32 GMT
So I think now is a good time as any to bring up discussion around
our Eclipse Tooling delivery for Geronimo 2.0.  It would be great if
we can provide a tooling driver for this milestone unlike last so
that we can provide our users and end to end solution.  The last time
I tried to work on a driver I was blocked by a critical Eclipse
defect, which has now been delivered to a stable milestone driver so
I should be able to pick up work back up on this again.  I'm going to
start by just getting a driver out that uses WTP 2.0 and adds
Geronimo 2.0 as a runtime and server.  I'm not going to focus on any
of the editor support for the Geronimo 2.0 schemas yet.  Last time I
chose EMF as the underlying modeling framework for our deployment
plans, but this time for simplicity purposes I think we should
consider to just pull in an use the XML Beans generated code as-is.

I'm not at all familiar with what has changed in WTP or its EE5
capabilities.  So once I have provide this driver, it would be great
if we people could pick it up and run with it to see what additional
features from an EE side of things are needed.  WTP is still under
development and I'm sure then more than willing to squeeze in
requirements from our community.

-sachin