geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.0 Milestones - Assemblies and Certification - Do we need 8?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:27:56 GMT

On Feb 12, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> For JPA it is easy there is a single string property that chooses
> the default provider if the user didn't specify one.

True - that shouldn't be a big deal.

> BTW, I'm a very fickle user.  OpenJPA is currently working for me,
> if Cayenne ends up working better, I'll switch.  Currently, OpenJPA
> hangs the debugger on Mac, so when Cayenne is integrated into
> OpenEJB, I'll be trying it out.

I am using the debugger on Mac all the time with Cayenne :-) ...
Seriously though, it is hard for us to predict a date when we are
100% compatible, since this is all unpaid volunteer effort, and there
is lots of "Cayenne-classic" work going on in parallel, but we are
getting there.

BTW I should be able to provide hooks to manually register JPA
listeners very soon.

Andrus