geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] J2G Conversion tool acceptance
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:58:12 GMT
Here's the process :

1) Contributor offers code

2) Project decides to accept or reject code.  Formally, this is the
PMC, but everyone should chime in.

3) Contributor provides CCLA, cleans up code to remove copyright
statements, and puts the standard apache file header in place.

4) Project accepts code contribution and registers the code
contribution w/ the incubator with an ip_clearance form :

     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/
ip-clearance/

5) Happy users convert their JBoss apps to Geronimo.

There's no need for the creation of a podling for accepting code into
an existing project, unless you wanted to bring in people and create
a community around it.  We simply need to file an ip-clearance form
w/ the incubator that notes that we did the due diligence in
accepting the code.

geir