geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: openejb3 and web services
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 03:26:34 GMT

On Jan 10, 2007, at 11:21 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2007, at 8:44 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

>>> specifically
>>> see
>>> So I'm

>>> this is
>>>
>>> Right, it's not ported yet.
>>>

>> Do you think this will be ported over before M2?
>
> We're most likely looking at M3 for that.

Ok, I'm looking at this a bit now and have some initial thoughts.

I think the easiest way to get started is to just forget about the
handler chain for the moment and write something that can wrap and
delegate to an org.apache.openejb.RpcContainer.  Unmarshal the args
from xml and pass them in as the arg list, then take the return value
and create the SOAP response.  Or if the invocation resulted in an
exception thrown from the invoke method, take the exception and
create a soap fault.

The more I think about the j2ee 1.4 web service handler chain the
more I know we want to do have that done via the new EJB 3
interceptors, which is what the new javaee 5 web services use.  We
can get started with what we have now and get basic invocations to
work.  Once the EJB 3 interceptor code is in place we can flip the
unmarshalling/marshalling inside out and find a way to do it after
the interceptor stack rather than before, very likely using an
interceptor.

-David