geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject no web.xml
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:40:46 GMT
Hi,

I got a question on how things supposed to work if there is no web.xml
supplied. For example, in case of web services, there are certain
rules on how the web.xml file should get updated if the web.xml is not
present. That is, the servlet-name and servlet-class gets set to the
bean class name and the url-pattern is set to the
@WebService.serviceName value. Are there similar rules for pure
servlets? For example, if there is no web.xml file, should the module
builder scan all classes and check if a given class implements the
Servlet interface, etc. and update the web.xml appropriately? I can't
find a lot of information on this topic. Maybe it's just a special
case for web services?

Thanks,
Jarek