geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF and Axis2 (dogs and cats?)
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 04:41:03 GMT
Yes, it works now because you have one gbean and pretty much one
function to check for the right provider. But as soon as we start
adding ejb support and service-ref support you will have multiple
gbeans and multiple functions to add that check in. The check itself
is not a lot of code or anything but as our code evolves somebody will
forget to add it in or will put it in a wrong place. I just think that
disabling a module is much safer, more efficient, and requires no code
changes (unless of course I'm misunderstanding something).

Jarek

> Jarek,
>
> I've been testing the whole day long, it's working for me.
>
> -- dims
>
> On 2/11/07, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dims,
> >
> > I don't think that alone will work. I think we need to stop the entire
> > cxf-deployer/car or axis2-deployer/car modules to deregister several
> > gbeans. Basically what Lin Sun was saying which can either be done by
> > changing the config.xml file or through the console today. So I
> > believe the changes you made are unnecessary and won't quite work.
> >
> > Jarek
> >
> > On 2/11/07, Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Found a spot in WebServicesBuilder.configurePojo where i can skip
> > > stuff. will try to use that.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > dims

CXF and