geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Tooling for Geronimo 2.0
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:56:14 GMT
Meanwhile I am looking at what are the community's plans towards Geronimo
2.0 Deployment Plans and the required support we might have to provide in
DevTools.

Given that Java EE 5 Annotations now makes the use of XML deployment
descriptors optional (except for the deployment descriptor required by
servlet specification in web.xml I think), what could be our strategies
towards Geronimo Deployment Plans?

Are we going to retain the XML structure for our deployment plans? or Are we
going to create Geronimo specific Annotations for them? This was asked
earlier also but didn't receive any notice then:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg39672.html

--
Thx,
Shiva