geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] VOTE J2G Conversion tool acceptance
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:09:37 GMT

On Feb 19, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> So, we voted this monster in and accepted the code base.   At this
> point, per Geir's note in this thread Noted below:
>

> > Here's the process :
> >
> > 1) Contributor offers code      *Complete*
> >
> > 2) Project decides to accept or reject code.  Formally, this is
> the PMC, but everyone should chime in.   *Complete* per vote below
> >
> > 3) Contributor provides CCLA
> *Complete* CCLA located in JIRA
>
> >     Cleans up code to remove copyright statements
> *Outstanding* Need a volunteer here.  I think ideally the
> contributor would accomplish this step and post an updated file in
> the JIRA with this work completed.
>
> >     And puts the standard apache file header in place.
> *Outstanding* Really same as above.  Needs to have a committer
> review this so need a new volunteer here.
>

> > 4) Project accepts code contribution and registers the code
> contribution w/ the incubator with an ip_clearance form :  http://
> svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/ip-clearance/
> *Outstanding*  We've already accepted the code through this vote.
> This is the mechanics of getting the code into Apache.  I think the
> committer noted above should do this as well.

Matt, committers can certainly help. However, either an officer (you)
or an ASF member (Dims or Geir) will need to fill out and submit the
IP Clearance form -- http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-
clearance-template.html. Also, the software grant form needs to be
acknowledged by the ASF secretary (or another ASF officer).

--kevan