geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: Conversion Tool
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 05:10:56 GMT
OK, I think the conversion tool should be full working now.

There were loads of tiny bugs causing deployments to fail especially
around cmp.  I tested the converter with the OpenEJB2 itests which
use almost every feature of OpenEJB2 and the application now deploys
with out error now.  Of course there are things sill unimplemented or
ported to 3, so if you try to use those features, you will get an
exception at runtime.

Let us know if you find any problems with the converter.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:37 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>> Haven't been able to get a full deploy of anything (tried
>> daytrader and the v2 itests), but things are starting to look good
>> with the converter.  The basic conversion is happening and
>> conversion of things like environment and abstract name queries
>> are definitely getting ported over.  Still see some hiccups in
>> CMPs, but apps without CMPs may deploy just fine.  Will look into
>> it more when I get up.
>> Dain, can you take a look at the persistence unit part of the
>> rewritten EjbModuleBuilder.  Seems something in the way i've
>> reworked the code results in those not coming through so well.
> Looking at it now.
> -dain

View raw message