geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions during deployment of testsupport EARs
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:55:56 GMT
[grr - wrote most of this email yesterday morning but then the net in
my area went down for the rest of the day ]

On Feb 13, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

>    org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Error building bean
> 'SimpleCMPEntity'.  Exception: class
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Persistence unit cmp for
> persistence-context-ref openejb/cmp not found: Persistence unit cmp
> for persistence-context-ref openejb/cmp not found

This one I suspect is related to David J's recent fixing of the JPA
code in Geronimo.  Will have to get Dain to look at that.

> Messages as seen in the server 'startup' window or 'geronimo run'
> [severity=ERROR,message=unexpected element
> (uri:"http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1",
> local:"cmp-connection-factory"). Expected elements are
> <{http://www.openejb.org/openejb-jar/1.1}ejb-deployment>,locator=
> [node=null,object=null,url=null,line=25,col=29,offset=-1]]

This is the result of the above issue, but it's totally the wrong
exception.  So I went ahead and implemented some code to attempt to
sniff out which exception to throw; essentially we try to parse
things as a v3 openejb-jar.xml then if that fails we parse it as a v2
openejb-jar.xml and do the conversion, if that fails were were just
throwing the first v3 exception.  Now it tries to parse the file a
third time and makes a guess at which version you were going for and
throws the hopefully right exception.  It'll be completely accurate
if you used namespaces in your doc.  If not, well....

> 13:11:31,255 ERROR [GBeanInstance] Problem in doFail of
> org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear?
> J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.testsupport/test-ear-
> j2ee_1.4/2.0-SNAPSHOT/ear,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=ejb.jar
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication
> (Assembler.java:455)
> 	at
> org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication
> (Assembler.java:427)
> 	at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenEjbSystemGBean.removeEjbJar
> (OpenEjbSystemGBean.java:191)

This issue should be fixed.  I also fixed the issue you mentioned
about if deployment fails that you cannot undeploy the application.
Give that a try and let me know.

New snapshots have been published.

-David