geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: XBean web site
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:29:35 GMT
On Feb 14, 2007, at 7:00 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> As for the cwiki, we discussed earlier (well, long time ago) that
> the cwiki and the web site should not be the same, so we went "very
> similar" but not exactly the same. Some folks were concerned that
> we would end up focusing on the cwiki and leave aside the main web
> site. (pls don't make me find that thread ;-) )

Um... dig it up :-P

I think that http://geronimo.apache.org *should* contain content
which is rendered into static files from cwiki and copied into place
(and/or added to svn I don't care) on people.

Just look at what Cayenne has done:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/

And ActiveMQ:

    http://activemq.apache.org/home.html

and OpenEJB:

     http://incubator.apache.org/openejb/

And there are probably more that I have not see yet...

These are really functional, easy to maintain, easy to grow, easy to
refactor, dang pretty to look at websites driven by Confluence +
autoexport.

I think we should do the same.

--jason