geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: branches/1.2 build failing; missing org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-spec:jar:1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 06:07:44 GMT
Not sure I understand the question.

If you have a jar module which depends on another pom module, while  
valid, the jar module does not get any of the dependencies  
transitively from the pom module, nor does it ensure that any of the  
pom module's children build before the jar module is built.

So... I don't see any reason why a dependency to a pom module would  
ever be done... but perhaps I'm missing something?

--jason


On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:13 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

>    Does anyone know if it is a recommended practice to use a pom as a
> dependency?
>
> Thanks
> Anita
>
> --- David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
>
>>
>> On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:38 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>
>>> Offhand I'd guess this is related to the problem we had with the
>>> openejb container pom recently.... haven't kept up with whether the
>>
>>> maven guys have done anything about it.
>>>
>>> Has everyone voted for
>>>
>>>>  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2796
>>
>> Voted.  And as I vote for the readers, I know for a fact the maven
>> guys monitor/fix the issues with the highest votes -- i wrote the
>> script they use to do that reporting.
>>
>> Rock the vote.
>>
>> -David
>>
>>
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>> On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>>>
>>>> Weird... I think I must have checked yoko-rmi, not yoko-rmi-spec,
>>
>>>> as I do see plenty of 1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT artifacts in
>> here:
>>>>
>>>>     http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/
>>>> apache/yoko/yoko-rmi-spec/1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT/
>>>>
>>>> Erg... wtf... how can we fix this?  Anyone know of a workaround?
>>
>>>> Or do we need to lean on the Maven team to fix this?
>>>>
>>>> Until this is fixed I can't build any new CTS servers or run new
>>>> TCK testsuites on the latest codebase :-(
>>>>
>>>> --jason
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:05 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Notice the strange message:
>>>>>
>>>>>   	1)
>> org.apache.geronimo.configs:client-corba-yoko:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
>>>>>   	2)
>> org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-impl:jar:1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT
>>>>>   	3) org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-spec:jar:1.0-incubating-
>>>>> M2-20070206.145504-10
>>>>>
>>>>> The version changes from a SNAPSHOT to a timestamp dependency.
>>>>> The timestamp dependency is in the repo but with the wrong build
>>
>>>>> number (not 11 instead of 10):
>>>>>
>>>>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/
>>>>> yoko/yoko-rmi-spec/1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT/yoko-rmi-spec-1.0-
>>>>> incubating-M2-20070206.145504-11.jar
>>>>>
>>>>> It looks like yet another wacky maven snapshot bug.
>>>>>
>>>>> -dain
>>>>>
>>>>> On Feb 6, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Appears that 'org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-spec:jar:1.0-incubating-
>>>>>> M2-SNAPSHOT' is missing.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Can someone from the Yoko team publish the latest
>> 1.0-incubating-
>>>>>> M2-SNAPSHOT snapshots please?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <snip>
>>>>>> [INFO]
>>>>>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> ---------
>>>>>> [INFO] Building Geronimo Configs :: Corba J2EE Client
>>>>>> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>>>>>> [INFO]
>>>>>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> ---------
>>>>>> [INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-
>>>>>> version}]
>>>>>> [INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
>>>>>> [INFO] Created dir: /home/anthill/anthill3/agent/var/jobs/
>>>>>> projects/Geronimo_Server/build_1_2/project/configs/client-corba-
>>
>>>>>> yoko/target/classes/META-INF
>>>>>> [INFO] Copying 2 files to /home/anthill/anthill3/agent/var/jobs/
>>
>>>>>> projects/Geronimo_Server/build_1_2/project/configs/client-corba-
>>
>>>>>> yoko/target/classes/META-INF
>>>>>> [INFO] [resources:resources]
>>>>>> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
>>>>>> [INFO] [car:prepare-plan]
>>>>>> [INFO] Generated:
>> /home/anthill/anthill3/agent/var/jobs/projects/
>>>>>> Geronimo_Server/build_1_2/project/configs/client-corba-yoko/
>>>>>> target/plan/plan.xml
>>>>>> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-impl:1.0-incubating-M2-
>>
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache-snapshots
>>>>>> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-impl:1.0-incubating-M2-
>>
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
>>>>>> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.yoko:yoko-rmi-impl:1.0-incubating-M2-
>>
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-rmi-impl/1.0-incubating-M2-
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT/yoko-rmi-impl-1.0-incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> 1K downloaded
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-spec-corba/1.0-incubating-M2-
>>>>>>
>> SNAPSHOT/yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-
>>>>>> snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
>>>>>> Downloading:
>> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/
>>>>>> yoko/yoko-spec-corba/1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT/yoko-spec-
>>>>>> corba-1.0-incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus-
>>>>>> snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-spec-corba/1.0-incubating-M2-
>>>>>>
>> SNAPSHOT/yoko-spec-corba-1.0-incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository
>>>>>> apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-rmi-spec/1.0-incubating-M2-
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT/yoko-rmi-spec-1.0-incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-
>>>>>> snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
>>>>>> Downloading:
>> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/
>>>>>> yoko/yoko-rmi-spec/1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT/yoko-rmi-spec-1.0-
>>
>>>>>> incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus-
>>>>>> snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository/org/apache/yoko/yoko-rmi-spec/1.0-incubating-M2-
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT/yoko-rmi-spec-1.0-incubating-M2-20070206.145504-10.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository
>>>>>> apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>> repository/org/apache/bcel/bcel/5.2/bcel-5.2.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-
>>>>>> snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
>>>>>> repository//org/apache/bcel/bcel/5.2/bcel-5.2.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-
>>>>>> incubator
>> (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/)
>>>>>> Downloading:
>> http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/bcel/bcel/
>>>>>> 5.2/bcel-5.2.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus
>>>>>> (http://repository.codehaus.org)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/bcel/bcel/
>>
>>>>>> 5.2/bcel-5.2.pom
>>>>>> 619b downloaded
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
>>>>>>
>> repository/jakarta-regexp/jakarta-regexp/1.4/jakarta-regexp-1.4.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-
>>>>>> snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
>>>>>> repository//jakarta-regexp/jakarta-regexp/1.4/jakarta-
>>>>>> regexp-1.4.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository apache-
>>>>>> incubator
>> (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://repository.codehaus.org/jakarta-regexp/
>>>>>> jakarta-regexp/1.4/jakarta-regexp-1.4.pom
>>>>>> [WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository codehaus
>>>>>> (http://repository.codehaus.org)
>>>>>> Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jakarta-regexp/
>>>>>> jakarta-regexp/1.4/jakarta-regexp-1.4.pom
>>>>>> 160b downloaded
>>>>>> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.openejb:openejb-yoko:2.3-incubating-
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache-snapshots
>>>>>> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.openejb:openejb-yoko:2.3-incubating-
>>>>>> SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from codehaus-snapshots
>>>>>> [INFO] snapshot org.apache.openejb:openejb-yoko:2.3-incubating-
>>
> === message truncated ===
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________ 
> ______________
> The fish are biting.
> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.
> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php


Mime
View raw message