geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Moving plugin-support bits out of Genesis into Mojo?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:15:25 GMT
Here is a tiny example of the plugin actually doing something useful:

     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/hokeypokey/
trunk/pom.xml

A tiny bit of logic here is used to prevent extra downloading/
unpacking.  To make this into an official Maven plugin would be
overkill.  And you can't really do this with antrun, because there is
no easy way to short-circuit the bits using <get> to fetch the zip
here.  Ant's way of doing this is to use linked targets with if/
unless attributes, which AFAIK can't be used in antrun.  And
personally, I'd rather see this little bit of script, than linked
targets anyways, never did like that mess.

IMO, this plugin helps folks (er me really) to solve some problems,
and when/if I find they are generally useful outside of the scope I
use them in, then I start to think about turning them into real Maven
plugins...

--jason