geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anita Kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JTAStats
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:16:17 GMT
Thanks Dain and David! I started with JTAStats thinking that the
transaction manager (TM) must be keeping track of all the decision it
makes and it will be a piece of cake to get the stats! Here are the
things I need to understand:
1. What is a JTAResource? If it is the TM then its type should be
JTA_RESOURCE.
2. IIUC, the JTAstats include only the JTA transactions. The
information about individual resource managers can be gotten from the
resource managers. This information will include all transactions (JTA
and non JTA). If I have to only consider the JTA transaction, will it
not be easier for the TM to keep track of the number of transactions
committed/rolledback/active?

    more inline..

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
> > GeronimoTransactionManager is the only one that know that info.
> >
> > I personally would prefer if you would add a monitor to that class
>
> > instead of adding lots of extra logic to that class.  The monitor
> > would be notified of these events, and your implementation would
> > keep track of the stats.
> >

> I agree about the monitor.
>
> I think you need to get the start tx events from the transaction
> manager and the end transaction events from the transactions since
> it's possible to commit a transaction directly without going through
>
> the tm.

   Is this true of JTA transactions? It is possible that I am totally
missing the point!

Thanks
Anita