geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:29:12 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> David Blevins wrote:

>>> Ok. How about something like:
>>>
>>>   <tss-link ejb-name="" poa-name=""/>
>> The only piece of information required is the name of a TSSBean,
>> assuming all of the same bits of information are still extractable
>> from the either the plan or other sources.  The current usage is
>>
>> <tss-link>tss-bean-name<tss-link>
>>
>> I'm not really sure what I'd pick for an attribute name, so keeping
>> the same syntax is probably easiest.
>> The two other pieces of information required to complete the linkage
>> are the EBJ name and the JNDI name(s) this EJB is registered under.
>> The JNDI names are using to export the EJB to the CORBA naming
>> service.   I assume these same bits of information are still
>> relevant/available in openejb3.
>
> Couple more questions.  Does every ejb in corba need a tss-link and or
> tssbean?
Every ejb that's exported via corba will need a tss-link.
> Will some ejbs share the same tssbean (i.e. be linked to the same tss
> bean)?
Sharing is quite common.  The tssbean the ejbs link to determine the
characteristics of the transport and security profile used for access.
> If sharing is there, how common is it to have a second tss bean (and
> subsequent links).
I think this is fairly common to have more than one tssbean if there are
multiple security profiles defined.  Any given EJB, however, is only
linked to one tssbean at a time.

> And finally, where is the tssbean itself configured?
I'm not totally certain I understand the context of this question.  The
tssbeans are typically defined in a parent configuration play for the
deployed app.   A tssbean is attached to a corbabean instance.  The
corbabean manages the ORB instance the tssbean is defined for (defining,
for example, the transport-level security characteristics....i.e., does
it use SSL).  The TSSBean, when it's started, creates the POAs on the
hosting orb that will be used to activate the EJBs.  The tsslink GBeans
handle making the connections between the exported GBeans and the
location used for the export.  So far, I don't believe that there have
been any chances at all required for either corbabean or tssbean for
openejb3.

Rick