geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 00:39:53 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2007, at 5:55 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> David Blevins wrote:

>>> Conditional on the presence of the TSSLink seems optimal.

>>> We just need to add that data to the geronimo-openejb.xml schema,
>>> which is available at EjbModule.getVendorDD().  In the v2 plan I see
>>> that we have two different elements, tss and tss-link.
>> I'm about 99.9999% certain that tss was a very old element type that
>> was never deleted from the schema.  The only one I'm aware is still
>> getting used is the tss-link, so that should be the only thing that
>> needs to be added.  The tss-link element is used to hook an ejb
>> instance to the appropriate POA to export this as a CORBA object.  My
>> experience with schema is pretty limited (i.e., approaching zero), so
>> any assistance in that phase would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Ok. How about something like:
>
>   <tss-link ejb-name="" poa-name=""/>
The only piece of information required is the name of a TSSBean,
assuming all of the same bits of information are still extractable from
the either the plan or other sources.  The current usage is

<tss-link>tss-bean-name<tss-link>

I'm not really sure what I'd pick for an attribute name, so keeping the
same syntax is probably easiest.

The two other pieces of information required to complete the linkage are
the EBJ name and the JNDI name(s) this EJB is registered under.  The
JNDI names are using to export the EJB to the CORBA naming service.   I
assume these same bits of information are still relevant/available in
openejb3.

Rick