geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CORBA ported from OpenEJB 2
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:55:47 GMT
David Blevins wrote:

>>> This is probably the part I have the most questions on.  Based on
>>> what I see in the two extensions that Geronimo currently has, I
>>> *think* the corba extension will need to do the following:
>>>
>>> 1)  In createModule(), handle merging of the default environments if
>>> we have one.  Should this be unconditional, or should we make it
>>> conditional on the presence of TSSLinks as in done in 1.2.
>
> Conditional on the presence of the TSSLink seems optimal.
>
>>> 2)  In addGBeans(), create the TSSLink GBeans as is currently done
>>> in TSSLinkBuilder.  djencks and I couldn't figure out where we need
>>> to look to find the TSSLink plan entries.  I'm guessing we retrieve
>>> it from the Module somehow, but I'm not sure how or in what form it
>>> will be in when retrieved.
>
> We just need to add that data to the geronimo-openejb.xml schema,
> which is available at EjbModule.getVendorDD().  In the v2 plan I see
> that we have two different elements, tss and tss-link.
I'm about 99.9999% certain that tss was a very old element type that was
never deleted from the schema.  The only one I'm aware is still getting
used is the tss-link, so that should be the only thing that needs to be
added.  The tss-link element is used to hook an ejb instance to the
appropriate POA to export this as a CORBA object.  My experience with
schema is pretty limited (i.e., approaching zero), so any assistance in
that phase would be greatly appreciated.

> What's the difference between those two?  If I can get a better
> understanding I can be a better help on the "how" part of adding them
> to the geronimo-openejb.xml.  Once we have a place for the data, we'd
> just update the conversion tool to port it over from the v2 plans and
> you're good to go.
>
>>> Also a couple of side questions.
>>> 1)  There are two different signatures for createModule(), but I
>>> notice that the other extensions only override one of them.  When
>>> are they called and what needs to be done here?
>
> Go with the one method the other extensions override. They're called
> at the very end of each of the matching phases in the ModuleBuilder
> interface.  As far as what needs to be done, you don't need to do
> anything if you don't want to.  They're just hooks there for you to
> have nearly-equal opportunity to do participate in all phases of the
> deployment process.  I say nearly as there are things you can't do
> like determine the module type or create it in createModule as the
> primary builder can, etc.
>
>>> 2)  I notice that both of these pass a plan argument, in different
>>> forms (one File, one Object).  Is it the responsibility of the