geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject [Discussion] Geronimo web site update
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:17:08 GMT
Folks,
after lots of separated discussions on different threads it is clear the spirit for moving
the authoring of our web site over Confluence. Let's bring to this thread all the ideas and
discussion.

Proposal:
The idea is to use Confluence as the authoring tool for Geronimo's web site. To achieve this
we will use the autoexport plugin already installed and in use on the cwiki.apache.org.
With the autoexport plugin we can customize the generated HTML look and feel by using templates.
The current POC can be viewed at http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE (thx Jason D.)

Some suggestions (mine ;-)  )

- Avoid JIRA references/direct imports, if JIRA is down or running slow it will affect the
main web site.
- Remove edit/print/export links from the generated site. Only Geronimo committers will have
edit access
- Update the template L&F. Why not? It is a good opportunity to do it !!!
- Need to define how to integrate the other subprojects web sites (consider confluence spaces
too).

- pls chime in!!!

I volunteer to start updating the content (matching with what we already have on the live
site), unless somebody else wants to go it!
I will also look at some alternative templates.

Cheers!
Hernan