geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XBean web site
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:22:51 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>
> I completely disagree.
>
> I believe that Geronimo should also use Confluence to support generation
> of the website.  Aside from a few minor issues, and the lag time from
> export to live, I don't see any reason not to use Confluence in this
> manner.  It has been on my TODO list for quite some time, I did an
> initial POC, but got sucked up into TCK-land which has been taking up
> most of my time.
>
> I actually don't think that the current Geronimo website xdoc+script
> thing is very good and it should go soon.  Its not very friendly, people
> tend to forget steps and corrupt the site, and its not easy to add new
> content to.

I know, we are all sucked up into other priorities that we need to attend to. The POC in the
cwiki looks great (I would chop off the JIRAs from the home page though ;-) and once we get
those plugin issues fixed we should move over Confluence right away. I'll help out in any
way I can ;-)

But, until we get there, we should not disrupt what we have working today, no matter how much
we would like to be using a different tool.

btw, let's discuss the plugin issues and solutions on a different thread, let me know when
you have some time to look at it because I've been also trying to get some fixed already.
AFAIK there is no other place for keeping track (discussing actually) of this issues and fixes
other than http://could.it/bugs/browse/EXP

>> So far we have three subprojects listed and they are integrated in
>>
>> The xbean piece of the site does not match the template used for the
>> Geronimo site, it is similar but not the same. I think we are
>> projecting an inconsistent web site image.
>
> Blah... each different part of the site has a slightly different look to
> it... I don't think this matters all that much right now.  While once we
> get all websites into Confluence, then I think it should be easy enough
> to get them all kinda looking the same.

We do have a consistent look & feel all across the web site, we should keep it that way

>> Bottom line, I think we should be consistent in the way we present the
>> web site and the way we maintain it.
>
> Sure, and lets be consistent and use Confluence ;-)
Be careful what you wish for, another joining subproject could come in using MS Front Page
:-0

Cheers!
Hernan