geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.0 Milestones - Assemblies and Certification - Do we need 8?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:52:56 GMT
A "Geronimo Runtime Configuration Tool" would be cool for those users that want to investigate
what "personality" fits better their environment. It would also be cool if once you made your
mind you could run some other command that would get rid of all the other components that
are not required for that particular configuration.

One of the options could be "JEE Certified", then maybe we should try to pick just one flavor
for certification. With that we would have 3 distributions, not certified Little-G, JEE certified
(just one), and the big brother/pick your own personality.

Post release, we could have could have incremental certifications, if at all possible, for
the additional "personalities"

Having this kind of configuration/export tool would reduce footprint and facilitate porting
to other boxes (i.e. faster QA for those custom servers, faster setup for test and prod envs.)

Cheers!
Hernan