geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v1.2 Web services sample
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:08:46 GMT
I put in the classpath the same jars I specified in the build.xml. Geronimo v1.1 and v1.2 are
quite different in terms of how these specs are grouped, could you pinpoint what are the changes
you made to the v1.1 sample, I had to make lots of changes myself to migrate the app to v1.2

Cheers!
Hernan

Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
> I have changed the sample application now to load the relevant JAR files
> in to a different location and set the path as in the server.jar. Latest
> version is uploaded in the 1.1 documentation. But I couldn't test this
> one in a Windows machine either due to some practical problems :-\ .
> Please follow the  steps in the 1.1 Doc.
>
> BTW: I suspect your machine's CLASSPATH variable has a problem if you
> have followed my previous steps still getting the previous error. Becos
> javax/xml/soap/SOAPException is part of geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar
> and it should be loaded from it.
>
> Sorry for this problem.
>
> Lasantha
>
> Hernan Cunico wrote:
>> By doing that the command does not fail without arguments, however
>> when I specify any values I get a new exception
>>
>> d:\samples\1.2\Calculator\bin>java
>> org.apache.geronimo.samples.calc.client.CalculatorClient 10 10
>> javax/xml/soap/SOAPException
>>        at
>> org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.java:179)

>>        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:172)
>>        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:156)
>>        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.<init>(AxisClient.java:52)
>>        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
>>        at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:157)
>>        at
>> org.apache.axis.client.ServiceFactory.createService(ServiceFactory.java:198)
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.samples.calc.client.CalculatorClient.main(CalculatorClient.java:42)

>> Shouldn't all these already be addressed at build time?
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Hernan
>>
>> Lasantha Ranaweera wrote:
>>> Looks like a class path issue  :-\ . Please follow the given steps
>>> and let me know the status. I would like to dig more in to this problem.
>>>
>>> 1. Add the  following JAR files to your class path.
>>>
>>> geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec-1.1.jar
>>> geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec-1.0.1.jar
>>> axis-1.4.jar
>>> commons-logging-1.0.4.jar