geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] VOTE J2G Conversion tool acceptance
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:47:45 GMT
So, we voted this monster in and accepted the code base.   At this
point, per Geir's note in this thread Noted below:

 > Here's the process :
 >
 > 1) Contributor offers code      *Complete*
 >
 > 2) Project decides to accept or reject code.  Formally, this is
the PMC, but everyone should chime in.   *Complete* per vote below

 > 3) Contributor provides CCLA
*Complete* CCLA located in JIRA

 >     Cleans up code to remove copyright statements
*Outstanding* Need a volunteer here.  I think ideally the contributor
would accomplish this step and post an updated file in the JIRA with
this work completed.

 >     And puts the standard apache file header in place.
*Outstanding* Really same as above.  Needs to have a committer review
this so need a new volunteer here.

 > 4) Project accepts code contribution and registers the code
contribution w/ the incubator with an ip_clearance form :  http://
svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/ip-clearance/
*Outstanding*  We've already accepted the code through this vote.
This is the mechanics of getting the code into Apache.  I think the
committer noted above should do this as well.

At this point I think Filip would take care of the Copyrights and
someone on the project (volunteers needed) would take care of the
final clearance and commit.

For its placement in Geronimo I would think sandbox is the right
place for this to start with.

Thoughts, volunteers ?