geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject openejb container pom
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:18:20 GMT
    That is exactly what I think..
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/openejb/server/3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/server-3.0-incubating-20070206.122738-24.pom
    The above pom gets added to classpaths during dependency resolution
phase in mojos that use @dependencyResolutionRequired, e.g. xmlbeans
plugin. The schemaCompiler never suspected that it will get a .pom in
the classpath and tries to find a class in it!
    The requirement that the container should not depend on anything in
the server, can easily be met by this code in the top openejb pom:

  <modules>
<module>itests</module>
<module>container</module>
<module>server</module>
<module>examples</module>
</modules>

   If the container does not depend on anything in the server, the
container and all its children will be built before server. When ever a
new dependency is added one can visually see if that is still the case.
   I think this is a non standard use of the pom, and has already cause
problems.

Thanks
Anita

--- Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:

> Not sure I understand the question.
>
> If you have a jar module which depends on another pom module, while
> valid, the jar module does not get any of the dependencies
> transitively from the pom module, nor does it ensure that any of the
>
> pom module's children build before the jar module is built.
>
> So... I don't see any reason why a dependency to a pom module would
> ever be done... but perhaps I'm missing something?
>
> --jason
>

> On Feb 6, 2007, at 8:13 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>
> >    Does anyone know if it is a recommended practice to use a pom as
> > dependency?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita
> >
> > --- David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:

> the

> >> Voted.  And as I vote for the readers, I know for a fact the maven
> >> guys monitor/fix the issues with the highest votes -- i wrote the
> >> script they use to do that reporting.
> >>
> >> Rock the vote.
> >>
> >> -David

Be a PS3 game guru.