geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Next 2.0 Milestones - Assemblies and Certification - Do we need 8?
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 07:09:01 GMT
How big would one assembly be if we include *everything* like jetty,
tomcat, axis2, cxf, everything.  Not turned on though... then just
provide people with a way to switch between personalities from the
command line, and make one of them as default, so that if the server
starts to boot up with no personality (hehe), then it will apply the
default to itself when bootstrapping?

Its probably gonna make the assembly zip a wee bit larger, but we'd
only have one of em... so build time would be much faster, and if
people want to try out different bits they don't have to redownload
all that other stuff... but also, everything we need to make a javaee
server is already in the assembly zip, so don't have to worry about
networking muck to get the right personality up and running.

Thoughts?

--jason