geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] VOTE J2G Conversion tool acceptance
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:36:37 GMT
Thanks to Dims for adding the XML for an IP clearance form. A new
attachment on the JIRA addresses the copyright header issues, so once
the IP clearance form is completed and the software grant form has
been ACK'd I am ready to commit to ASF's SVN repo.  IIUC I can't do
much to help with the paperwork since I'm not an ASF member or
officer, but if I can in fact help then please don't hesitate to let
me know.

BTW,
One thing I noticed in the new attachment is that the java package
names have been changed from com.ibm.j2g to org.apache.apps.j2g.
That's an improvement, I think.   But the various scripts,
documentation, and eclipse plugin metadata files in the src package
were not updated to match this change, rendering major parts of the
contribution non-functional.  I don't think this should necessarily
prevent us from committing the code to sandbox, because it shouldn't
be too hard to fix.  But I wanted to mention this in context of this
thread in case anyone has concerns about it.   Also, the page footer
on some of the documentation says "IBM Confidential".  That was
probably just an oversight but I don't think those docs should be
committed to SVN unless the contributor removes the footer.

Best wishes,
Paul