geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Geronimo web site update
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:31:58 GMT
Hernan,  The geronimo web site currently serves up the plugin catalogs
at http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins.  Will migrating the web site to
confluence affect our ability to host the plugin catalogs at that
location?

See this thread for background discussion on how this location came about:
http://tinyurl.com/2yewg7

Also, the geronimo.apache.org site currently provides a redirect
service for certain URLs present in the welcome app and the admin
console.  See site/trunk/docs/redirects/.htaccess.  Will moving the
site to confluence affect our ability to service these redirects?

In general I'm wondering how moving the site to confluence will affect
our ability to serve up non-wiki resources from geronimo.apache.org.

Best wishes,
Paul

> Folks,
> after lots of separated discussions on different threads it is clear the spirit for moving
the authoring of our web site over Confluence. Let's bring to this thread all the ideas and
discussion.

> Proposal:
> The idea is to use Confluence as the authoring tool for Geronimo's web site. To achieve
this we will use the autoexport plugin already installed and in use on the cwiki.apache.org.
templates. The current POC can be viewed at http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE (thx Jason D.)

> Some suggestions (mine ;-)  )
>
> - Avoid JIRA references/direct imports, if JIRA is down or running slow it will affect
the main web site.
> - Remove edit/print/export links from the generated site. Only Geronimo committers will
have edit access
> - Update the template L&F. Why not? It is a good opportunity to do it !!!
> - Need to define how to integrate the other subprojects web sites (consider confluence
spaces too).

> - pls chime in!!!
>

> I volunteer to start updating the content (matching with what we already have on the
live site), unless somebody else wants to go it!